Thursday, May 14, 2009

The End

Well this is my last blog post for the year and I'm not really sure what all to say. It's been a good class and I've enjoyed my cohort a lot. We all got along and never had any problems. I could not have asked for a better group.

Blogging has not been something that I liked about this class. I've never liked the idea of blogging and never thought that I would, and am glad that after this I will not have to blog again. I think the reason I don't like it is because whenever I think of a blog I think of the ones you hear about on TV where some random person has become famous by talking about famous people. I do know that those are not the only kinds of blogs but they are the only ones I hear about. Having to blog has not changed how I feel about it either. If given the choice I would choose not to blog. For the purpose of the class however I thought it was a new and interesting way of making us approach public argument.

Now that school is over for the semester I'm somewhat looking forward to the summer. I have a job doing grounds keeping work here on campus which will be nice, but I will have to start work at 7am. This is going to be rough for me because during this last semester the earliest I had to wake up was for an 11am class and a 955am class once a week. So if your sticking around Madison this summer I may see you, chances are though you will see me and I won't notice you.

Working 40 hours a week will be nice because I had an exam Monday and my last one is on Friday and I am already getting bored of not having anything to do. The only problem with working will be that it is going to cut into my valuable fishing time. Luckily I only work until 3:30 so I'll still have the weeknights and weekends to fish. So far my roommates and I have not been able to catch very many fish worth keeping but I'm hoping that as the summer goes on the fish will get bigger and be worth the time and effort to clean. When I say clean I'm talking about filleting them, taking the meat off the fish and cooking it.

I'm going to try and take a trip out to Yellowstone Park sometime this summer with my girlfriend, as well as going to Arizona to visit her grandparents. I've never been to Yellowstone Park and I plan on driving out there which I think will be a lot of fun. I know it is a long drive but there are a few places along the way that look like fun to stop at such as Deadwood. I'm a big fan of Westerns and cowboys and anything related to them so I know I will enjoy it, not so sure about my girlfriend though.

After I first posted this I realized that for my nickname I selected the name "Burns" and never explained why. The reason is because in high school I had very large sideburns and it was a nickname that followed me through high school and some people still call me that today. Just thought I would explain that and if your interested in great men in history with sideburns i suggest you look up General Ambrose Burnside.

Well I'm starting to just ramble on about my summer plans and can't really think of anything else to say. This class has been fun and I have enjoyed it and to end on a happy note here is a link to something I did over winter break before coming to this class, hope you enjoy it. http://gazettextra.com/photos/galleries/southern-wisconsin-snow-2008/3134/

No comments:

Post a Comment